4.15.2011

_bed project_

I've mentioned a few times that Stephen and I were working towards building a platform bed. This is the final product. We purchased some of the nicest wood at Lowes (where S works), stained it and pieced it together at home. Stephen's not entirely happy with it, mainly due to the saw at Lowes producing slightly off cuts... but overall, I think it's so pretty and a heck of a lot better quality than anything we would buy at Ikea or West Elm. Also, considering he's never really made anything of this nature, I gotta say, my man impresses me!

One day we could retire it to a guest room. I'm still very interested in working with some reclaimed wood and making something like this.

ps - our bedroom obviously needs some work... we need something beautiful to look at on that bare wall! I keep telling myself I'll get a photo blown up and framed but as usual, time just keeps on scooting by...

5 comments:

another feather said...

wow! this looks so so wonderful. great job. building a platform for our bed is one of our upcoming summer projects, so this is great inspiration. also you are so lucky to have those nice thin paneled wood floors!

Amber said...

that bed is amazing! i want a platform bed, too. i never thought about making one. i was sort of hoping i would find the perfect 60s bedroom set at a thrift store, but it hasn't happened yet. maybe i will have to follow your lead and make on too!

Mallory said...

That looks awesome! My dad builds houses & is just overall handy, and he always tells me if I design something he'll whip it up for me... I need to take advantage of that! I love platform beds.

3ate4 said...

I love it, wouldn't mind one myself.

bravegrrl said...

oh my goodness, it is soooo gorgeous! i'm jealous. i've always just slept on a mattress/boxspring on the floor, but this is beautiful xoxo